venerdì 4 gennaio 2019

Goodreads reading challenge: what I've read in 2018


The only book challenge I’ve ever taken part in is the yearly Goodreads reading challenge (that you can in fact find on the right side of this blog). My reading challenge for the past year was to read 12 books, one for each month. 

I know it’s not a lot, especially compared to other readers, but 2018 has been a busy year. I finished off all my university exams in the first half and wrote my dissertation, graduated and found an internship in the second half. I also know that we can always find more time to read but the past year I’ve read a lot of books and researches that I didn’t count as part of the challenge since I didn’t really have any other choice but to read them. 

I wanted to share with you the 12 books I’ve read in 2018 and tell you a couple of things about them. (Full reviews might come in 2019.) 

“Ps: I still love you” and “Always and forever Lara Jean” by Jenny Han: this were the first two books I read, they had been in my TBR pile for a while since I bought them after loving and racing through the first book of the series (“To all the boys I’ve loved before”). Jenny definitely didn’t let me down because they were just as good as the first one. I think I picked the perfect year to read these books since later on the movie adaptation came out on Netflix (and I absolutely loved that too). 





“Letters to my husband” and “The curious heart of Ailsa Rae” by Stephanie Butland: Stephanie is my favourite author of all times, I absolutely love everything she writes. In fact I bought her first book after falling in love with “Lost for words” (still my favourite book) in 2017 and I obviously then pre-ordered her latest as soon as I could. 







“Save the date” by Morgan Matson: the past year has been full of great books and Morgan is another one of my favourite authors, I’ve basically read every single one of her novels and her latest one definitely didn’t disappoint me. If possible it is now my favourite book of hers. 








“It only happens in the movies” by Holly Bourne: I’ve had this book in my list of books I should read for a while now and I finally bought it and had the chance of reading it. I raced through it in less than a week and I can now call myself a Holly Bourne fan, so much that I can’t wait to catch up with all her other books as well. 







“Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine” by Gail Honeyman: similarly to the previous one this book had also been on my list of books I should read for a while since so many people recommended it. After reading it I totally get why so many people did recommend it and I’m now part of that group, urging everyone to go out and buy it. 







“Attachments” by Rainbow Rowell: I fell in love with her writing style in “Fangirl” and I knew I had to read more from her, after much thought I finally settled on this book and I’m so happy I did because it was such a unique and captivating story that I couldn’t put this book down even if I tried. 








“Eve of Man” by Giovanna and Tom Fletcher: this book marked the first time I ventured out of my comfort zone. I usually never read this genre but after loving books from both authors and after reading the prologue online I knew I had to get my hands on a copy. I can say that I was pleasantly impressed by how much a liked it. 







“Stay sweet” by Siobhan Vivian: this book has been the perfect summer read. Summers have always been the season where I have more time to read so there are a lot of summery reads under my belt. Amelia and Molly’s stories were exactly what I needed to read this past summer. 








“I’ll give you the sun” by Jandy Nelson: another highly recommended book that I finally gave in and read. I’m not used to multi-pov stories but once I got into it I totally loved it. 









“Seven days of us” by Francesca Hornak: I’m not going to say a lot about this book here since a review is coming very very soon. 



What books have you read last year? And which one was your favourite?


6 commenti:

  1. Ooh, these look great! I've not read TATBILB but I really want to- and I definitely get what you mean about Eleanor Oliphant. Happy reading for 2019!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I absolutely loved TATBILB and the movie adaptation is just as good as the books. I highly recommend it.
      Happy reading for 2019 to you too!

      Elimina
  2. Attachments is the only book by Rainbow Rowell that I haven't read yet! You definitely need to read The Spinster Club Series by Holly Bourne they're my favourite novels of hers!

    Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I loved “Attachments” I highly recommend it. That series is my list of books I need to buy I’m definitely gonna try to read them this year.

      Elimina
  3. That is a good challenge to read one a month

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Yes it was, even though I read more than one book in some months and skipped some others.

      Elimina